Data Engineer Team Leader
About The Position
Migration to the cloud has become the primary driver for digital transformation and a top cost center for all companies. The cloud presents new challenges to manage, optimize, and communicate costs and consumption across multi-cloud deployments and cloud-native technologies like Kubernetes. These challenges have propelled the adoption of Finops. The spend management tools provided by major cloud providers are not adequate, leaving non-technical teams like finance and operations teams struggling to understand their cloud cost.
Anodot Cloud Cost is a cloud spend management platform that scales with the speed of cloud innovation and integrates FinOps best practices. Anodot Cloud Cost delivers near real-time analytics, anomaly detection, and ML-based cost savings recommendations for multi-cloud and Kubernetes. With Anodot Cloud Cost, customers can manage their cloud investments and understand how they affect the bottom line. Anodot Cloud Cost supports both companies and value-added cloud resellers with unique features helping them to better serve their customers and increase margins.
We are looking for a Data Engineer team leader at Anodot to build, mentor, and grow a brand new Data Infrastructure team in charge of all our data-oriented tasks fueling R&D and data science.
Your responsibility will be to build, scale, and maintain the data infrastructure for all Anodot infrastructure, as well as communication with partners, consultants, and customers in a rapidly growing product.
Each day will bring new challenges and opportunities for learning as you implement the newest technologies and data solutions available.
Join us as we utilize big data technology to support companies around the world.
- Hands-on data engineer.
- Lead a team of data engineers.
- Oversee 3rd party contractors and partners roadmap.
- Develop data-centric software using leading-edge big data technologies. These include database design, python based processes, near-real-time ETL pipelines, and dashboards.
- Be the go-to person for anything and everything regarding understanding the data - exploration, pipelines, analytics, etc.
- Gather data needs from customers and translate those requirements into a working database and analytic software.
- Collaborate with colleagues both locally and in remote locations.
- Influence the software architecture, performance, and working procedures for building data and analytics
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Manage your own time, and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Contribute to experiments and research on how to enhance our capabilities.
- 3 years of experience as a data engineer leader or technical leader.
- 5 years of experience working with SQL in a large-scale data warehouse or data lakehouse environments such as Big-Query, Redshift, and Snowflake.
- Excellent knowledge of database / dimensional modeling/data integration tools.
- Hands-on experience implementing data flows using Python, Spark, and Glue.
- Can-do attitude, hands-on approach, passion for data.
- Experience developing in a cloud environment, preferably AWS, GCP, Azure.