Are you able to forecast multicloud and Kubernetes costs accurately?
As your cloud usage scales, so does the need for granular cloud visibility and custom reporting tailored to your organization. The different reporting interfaces offered by major cloud providers make it difficult to get a clear view of the costs you are incurring in multi cloud environments.
It is essential to choose a tool that will allow you to keep track of and report on cloud spending across all your environments. Flexible dashboarding and reporting enable you to deliver appropriate cloud cost visibility to Finance, DevOps, Engineering, and other stakeholders in your organization.
Identify your reporting maturity level
As a starting point, consider the following questions:
- Can you visualize your multi cloud and K8s costs in a single screen? Is your data fresh, normalized, and enriched?
- Do users track costs at the account or team level?
- Do product teams use unit economics to measure their cost-effectiveness?
- Do cloud consumers and business units understand the important aspects of their cloud spend, as well as how to optimize it?
- Are team-level reports implemented for showback?
- Are you able to allocate 100% of your cloud costs?
- Do your stakeholders have access to the right views and dashboards?
- Are your budgets, forecasts, and reports accurate?
A reporting ecosystem that is granular, flexible, and accurate is crucial to accelerating growth and driving effective decision-making.