Our solution (Anodot) and CloudZero are popular choices regarding third-party solutions for businesses managing cloud costs, adapting a FinOps approach to make their cloud operations more efficient. That’s why a platform that can effectively support a FinOps model has become necessary for optimizing cloud functionality.
Let’s analyze and dive deeper into who offers the best solutions, technology, and support to take your FinOps culture in the cloud to the next level.
Background of Anodot
We are a prominent business monitoring solution revolutionizing how companies comprehend and manage their cloud expenses. With a strong focus on FinOps, we deliver robust features, including multicloud visibility, Kubernetes insights, and cost-saving recommendations.
Overview of Anodot’s cloud cost monitoring solution as a FinOps tool
Our AI platform proactively identifies and resolves issues, allowing businesses to optimize performance and make data-driven decisions. Check out our white paper for a deeper overview of how to build and launch a successful FinOps practice!
Our features are motivated by the three components of a successful FinOps strategy*.
- Optimize: A comprehensive solution to address all your FinOps requirements, offering compatibility and support across AWS, Azure, and GCP platforms.
- Inform: Automatic data updates once the billing invoice refreshes, and we also keep at least 12 months of historical data stored.
- Operate: Visualization of K8s costs at different levels: namespace, cluster, node, pod stack, and by object labels.
*Established as the three pieces of a complete strategy by the FinOps Foundation.
Background of CloudZero
CloudZero enables organizations to make informed decisions, detect cost overruns, and optimize cloud spending. Its real-time cost anomaly and waste detection capabilities help prevent accidental overspending and drive profitability.
Overview of CloudZero’s cloud cost monitoring solution as a FinOps tool
CloudZero is an adequate option for businesses migrating their data and activities to the cloud. However, when implementing the complete strategy of Inform, Optimize, and Operate by the FinOps Foundation, their platform needs to leverage this practice entirely.
Basic: Forecasting and budgeting capabilities (but reportings are inconsistent).
Limited specialization: Exclusively AWS, K8s, and Snowflake.
Simple support: Still need to release an MSP version.
Breakdown of FinOps features
We aim to give you a complete picture of your cloud costs so you can understand what’s happening and continuously enhance your cloud operations.
- Visibility: Top-notch (according to up-to-date info), with multi-cloud capabilities and shared costs.
- Recommendations: Over 40 types of cost-reducing recommendations (over 60 types for AWS!) with remediation instructions through CLI and AWS Console.
- API: Easy to use and operationalize (many customers consume our data through API).
- MSP Compatibility: Our MSP-ready solution has multitenancy, customer invoicing, and discount management rules.
CloudZero provides some basic features for advanced savings and FinOps insights. However, while the platform offers cost visibility and allocation, it needs more tools for a successful FinOps program.
- Simple insights: Teams using CloudZero won’t be able to dive deeper into cloud cost and eliminate waste.
- Minimal technology: Lacks ML-powered forecasting, budgeting, and anomaly detection for precise cloud spend management.
- Inadequate customization: No pre-configured, customized reports and forecasts to deliver relevant, customized reporting for FinOps personas.
Anodot or CloudZero: Which is better for a FinOps-focused Cloud?
More and more organizations are adopting FinOps to manage cloud costs. It optimizes spending, promotes financial accountability, and enables informed decision-making on cloud usage.
After reviewing Anodot and CloudZero, who can you trust to provide insights, recommendations, and customizations for a thriving FinOps culture?
We innovate with you, recognizing that you require more than just functionality. You need a platform that provides real-time visibility, analytics, and optimization for MSPs.